Saturday, November 29, 2014

Chess Lapel Pins

Credit: Moshe Slav's collection
Above is a collection of lapel pins of the world champions from Steinitz (top left) to Kasparov (bottom right), if I am not mistaken. Tal and Capablanca are a bit hard to recognize, at least for me (though the names appear on the pins themselves). Like stamps, lapel pins are an entire world (my late grandfather, for instance, had a whole collection of them), made to signify membership in just about any organization or to commemorate just about any event. Connection to Judaism? Well, Steinitz, Lasker, Botvinnik, etc. ...

4 comments:

  1. What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you.

    custom patch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your blog!!! I think Security is major issue for internet security.So use a better security system for safe surfing.


    loans on invoices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! It’s so rare to find such great men’s accessories in my country. This is so beautiful. All of the men detail pictures are awesome.... especially brief information about lapel pins, pocket square and tie for men’s. Men’s apparel online

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some uniquely designed lapel pins. I would love to have some of these.
    Wholesale Lapel Pins

    ReplyDelete