Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Resolution

Source: here.
My news year resolution: to continue updating this blog more regularly, and finally -- finally -- finish the history work I have been doing for many years.

All I can say in my defense is quote Dr. Samuel Johnson, the author of the famous English dictionary, was praised for the immense amount of work that he put into it. He told Boswell, his biographer, that he was very lazy: he did his dictionary in ten years, while, if he had applied himself regularly, he could have done it in three.

If Sam Johnson could be lazy, I have at least some excuse...

2 comments:

  1. Please tell us more about your upcoming historical work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a co-author, we are writing a history of chess in Israel and, especially, chess in the pre-state British Mandate.

    ReplyDelete